Green Stuff Tape (Kneadatite Blue / Yellow Epoxy Putty)
Kneadatite Blue/Yellow ("Green Stuff") is a two-part epoxy/polyamide sealant/adhesive for interior and exterior maintenance and repair. It has excellent adhesion to stone, ceramic, metal, wood and many plastics, including vinyl.
Nicknamed "Green Stuff" by sculptors and modelers, Blue/Yellow is well-known for its long work-life, non-grainy texture and ability to hold fine detail. Cured models withstand up to 4 vulcanizations. Blue/Yellow is not intended for structural applications.
Blue/Yellow is available in 2 forms: as a roll of side-by-side epoxy putty tape and as 2 round bars in a reusable plastic tube.
How to use: To achieve optimum adhesion, surfaces should be scuffed and/or lightly sanded and cleaned free of grease or dirt prior to application.
Side-by-side tape: Cut or twist off a length of tape and mix by kneading with damp fingers to a uniform color. Any length contains the correct ratio of base to curing agent. Apply within 1 hour of mixing.
Bars: Cut or twist off 1 part blue curing agent to 1.5 parts yellow base. Mixing proportions can be adjusted to control cure time and hardness: more blue produces a faster, harder cure; more yellow results in a slower, softer cure. Mix by kneading with damp fingers to a uniform color. Apply within 1 hour of mixing.
Blue/Yellow has a 1 to 2 hour work life, Functional cure occurs in 4 to 5 hours when Blue/Yellow can be drilled, sawed, carved, sanded, stained, and painted. Ultimate hardness is reached in 20 to 24 hours. Cured color is green.
- Putty-like consistency eliminates drips and runs for a "no mess" application.
- No tools required for use.
- Mixes in minutes.
- Long worklife.
- Superior strength and flexibility.
- No shrinkage; solvent and VOC-free.
- Cures underwater.
- Excellent for modeling, making molds and prototypes.
- #1 preferred sculpting putty since the early '70s.
- Sculpt models and prototypes.
- Repair cracks in pipes and tanks.
- Make underwater pool repairs.
- Fill small automobile dents.
- Create custom-formed gaskets.
- Repair stripped screw holes.
- Hobby and crafts.